Magento 2.0 Highlights of Technical Features
Magento 2 is the next-generation ecommerce platform designed to give developers a more powerful toolset to create innovative solutions that accelerate merchant growth. We are into the magento extensions development since 2009 and our extensions are being used more than 10000 customers all over the world.
Extensions can be viewed in Mage Extensions
For this first release of Magento 2.0, here is a summary of some important features of the release.
Technology Improvements in Magento 2.0
- PHP and MySQL. Magento 2 supports PHP 5.5 and 5.6, and MySQL 5.6. See System requirements.
- HTML5. The reference themes available out of the box are responsive and based on HTML5. See Themes and Responsive web design.
- CSS3, and CSS preprocessing. The reference themes use CSS3. Magento 2 uses the LESS CSS pre-processor, or you can add support for Sass and Compass. See Cascading style sheets, and CSS pre-processor.
- PSR Compliance. PSR compliance standardizes the use of PHP to allow different sets of code libraries to work together. See PHP coding standard.
- Modular architecture. Define your own set of modules. Cross-module dependencies are reduced, and interfaces among multiple extensions are cleaner and more discrete. See What is Magento?, Magento as a modular system, and Service contracts.