You have no items in your shopping cart.
October 2, 2013 9:46:41 PM PDT
Magento Community Edition 1.8 improves tax calculations, boosts product quality and stability, enhances performance, and advances security for the rapidly growing Magento community.
Key highlights include:
Enhanced Tax Calculations
Magento Community Edition 1.8 improves tax calculation accuracy for VAT merchants and eliminates potential rounding errors that can be confusing to buyers. Magento provides tax configurations and Canadian tax requirements, enabling you to more fully benefit from the native Magento tax engine.
Magento 1.8 made approximately 350 functional improvements that boost product quality in key areas, including the web store, shopping cart, admin order creation, import and export functionality, web API components, and payment methods.
Magento Community Edition 1.8 enables a better shopping experience through faster page-loading in the checkout process and optimized cache adapters for single server systems, which minimize the number of cached pages that must be refreshed when product updates are made. The performance of the 1.8 administrator panel is also improved for those of you with large product or order databases.
Through a number of enhancements, Magento 1.8 also strengthened the security of Magento Community Edition. Some of the enhancements are:
- Errors are not displayed in a new Magento installation.
- Fixed a session fixation vulnerability in the new user registration process. Attackers can no longer abuse this flaw to take over new user accounts during registeration.
- Prevent a user with limited privileges to delete the Magento installation.
- Prevent attacks that use OAuth to leak sensitive information to an attacker that knows the consumer key and user token.
- Resolved an issue that enabled attackers to gain access to billing information.
- Resolved issues with the security of OAuth tokens and keys.
- A remote code execution vulnerability was fixed.
- The Magento Admin Panel and web stores no longer allow web browsers to store user names or passwords.
- The Magento web store has additional Cross Site Request Forgery (CSRF) protections, meaning an imposter can no longer impersonate a newly registered customer and perform actions on the customer’s behalf.
- The cryptographic methods used to store passwords were improved to enhance security
Updates to the Alpha Release
A few new updates were made to the alpha version of Magento Community Edition 1.8. Removed the requirement to have globally unique category and product URL keys, giving you greater flexibility in your URL structures. Magento 1.8 also incorporated the recent USPS API patch, DHL code updates, and the latest Redis backend cache code, now called Cm_Cache_Backend_Redis. Magento 1.8 has also included Cm_RedisSession, a Redis session storage module.
More to Come
Magento is fully committed to advancing the Magento Community Edition platform, which has been the driving force behind our growth to over 2,000 Magento Certified Developers and over 200,000 Magento merchants across the globe. Work is already underway on the next Magento Community Edition version, so stay tuned for more enhancements to come!
For Magento Upgrade, Please get help from: